Monday, November 14, 2011

Tator Tot Casserole

Tater Tot Casserole

This is an incredibly easy kid pleaser. It's perfect for the night that you forgot to set something out. It's also very filling! My mom gave me this recipe and its been a biweekly meal ever since.


Just 5 ingredients!
  • 1  package of frozen tater tots (my mom likes the rounds, I prefer the onion flavored for extra flavor)
  • sliced cheese
  • 1  large can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2  C. milk
  • 2 lbs.  hamburger meat

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown hamburger meat. Season well. I use salt, pepper, onion salt, and garlic powder. Add milk and soup and heat. Pour mixture into 13x9 inch baking dish. Spread evenly. Add a layer of sliced cheese. (My mom prefers cheddar, I like the thick and creaminess of sliced cheese.) Add a layer of tater tots. Stick it in the oven for 30 minutes. I eat it with ketchup. Yummy



This time I added a little cheddar on top. =) As usual, everyone pigged out. You know you made a good meal when 5 kids at the same table are silent. Music to my ears! 

No comments:

Post a Comment